Checklist: what to include
- Author details. All authors of a manuscript should include their full name and affiliation on the cover page of the manuscript. Authors’ affiliations are the affiliations where the research was conducted. If any of the named co-authors moves affiliation during the peer-review process, the new affiliation can be given as a footnote. Please note that no changes to affiliation can be made after your paper is accepted.
- A non-structured abstract of maximum 120 words and 5-7 keywords. Read tips on writing your abstract.
- Funding details. Please supply all details required by your funding and grant-awarding bodies.
- Disclosure statement. This is to acknowledge any financial interest or benefit that has arisen from the direct applications of your research. Further guidance on what is a conflict of interest and how to disclose it.
- Biographical note. Please add the institution and email for each author.
- Supplemental online material. Supplemental material can be a video, dataset, fileset, sound file or anything which supports (and is pertinent to) your paper. We publish supplemental material online. Find out more about supplemental material and how to submit it with your article.
- Figures should be high quality (1200 dpi for line art, 600 dpi for grayscale and 300 dpi for colour). Figures should be saved as TIFF, PostScript or EPS files.
- Tables should present new information rather than duplicating what is in the text. Readers should be able to interpret the table without reference to the text. Please supply editable files.
- If you are submitting your manuscript as a Word document, please ensure that equations are editable. More information about mathematical symbols and equations.